Saturday, July 16, 2011

Does this emergency room sound incompetent to you?

my 2 year old was screaming that his neck hurts and we found a big black tick in it. Took him to Urgent Care. He screamed all the way there and all through triage. Then we sat in the waiting room for almost 2 HOURS and there was NO ONE ELSE THERE. We saw two Dr.s laughing and chatting in the desk area totally unfazed by the 2 year old that's been screaming his face off. Then his screaming got louder when the damn thing just popped it's head out and tried to crawl away! My husband grabbed it and smushed it. My son puked ALL over me and literally just passed out. We told the nurse at the desk that he conked out, and asked for something to clean the gallon of puke off me and my son. It took her about 20 minutes to find the janitor so that THE JANITOR could go get us some paper towels while we sat there covered in puke. They just laughed at the being-puked-on situation and said someone should be with you shortly. Another hour later we told them we were just going to go home and put him in bed since he didn't have a fever and seemed ok now, just extremely tired. I can't wait to see the $500 bill for the pleasure of wasting our time in the waiting room Oh, and the cost of 25 paper towels. Does this sound like unique incompetence to you or is this normal emergency room behavior?

No comments:

Post a Comment