Thursday, July 14, 2011

How can my husband leave his unit?

My husband wants to leave his unit he got an article 15 before for cussing when he was accused of doing something he didn't do and physically threatened . He planned on leaving as soon as his contract is up to go to a new unit but he has to wait until his contract and the punishment from the first article 15 is up, also he is currently deployed so he thinks he can't leave mid deployment. When his unit found out he wanted to leave they have basically treated him like a janitor and when he went to bed one night after taking out the trash a leader who used to be his same rank but was promoted yelled at him about taking the trash out. when my husband said he already did the other person said there is trash in it again and my husband said that it is a trash can and it will keep getting trash in it, so he got another article 15. I told my husband he just needs to do what they say and don't say anything back and he said he will try but he's worried that they might kick him out of the army. He really just wants to go to a new unit. He's done everything they've asked him to do and his contract is almost up but it seems like they would rather get him out of the army then have him transfer, this is not the first person in his unit this has happened to. Honestly the leadership in this unit consists of very young guys and honestly I feel like they abuse their power just because they can. I really just want him to get to a new unit and start over new. I am a college graduate and I'm putting my life on hold for him so that he can get to a new unit and we can settle in there but I'm really worried. I don't know what our future holds if he is kicked out. I need some real advice. I know my husband made some mistakes I don't need to hear what's wrong with him I just need to know how we can move on from this. please help us!

No comments:

Post a Comment